SYSTEMA recently solicited real-world scenarios from manufacturers who were facing specific challenges in their factories as it related to dispatching. To be clear, dispatching is defined as:
"the determination of the right material to process, on the right equipment, right now"
In exchange, we took these very detailed scenarios, summarized them, and offered our approach to resolving each issue using an automated, event-driven dispatching solution. We are happy to share these automated dispatching use cases with you today.
The scenarios we received identified challenges with:
- batch processing efficiencies,
- equipment capabilities,
- starvations and bottlenecks,
- prioritization of lots for on-time delivery,
- equipment capacity optimization,
- and implementation and enforcement of timer conditions.
These scenarios and our proposed solutions are offered in “Dispatching Detailed”, a 15 page overview, an approximately 10-15 minutes read.