- Industry 4.0
- Digital Transformation
- Smart Manufacturing
When is Event-Driven Dispatching needed?
To achieve production targets in today’s complex manufacturing environments, it is critical to efficiently and accurately process work-in-progress (WIP) from the point of executing the production order all the way through to fulfillment and delivery of the product. Issues that disrupt these efforts commonly center around events which occur during the execution of even the most carefully designed production plan. These events can include:
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks
- Equipment failures
- Variations in staffing levels (short staffing due to illness or other reasons)
- Execution/misprocessing errors
- Unavailability of equipment
- Equipment doesn’t offer capabilities necessary for processing a given lot
- Processing delays due to variable recipe run times and setup conditions
- Bottlenecks and starvations
- Changes in manufacturing priorities
Event-driven dispatching responds to these situations in real-time, evaluating events and resources in order to keep production flowing optimally and without delay.